Friday, May 12, 2017

Blog forum for week 6

TOPIC 1: MY HOMETOWN -- Next week’s assignment is to post three photos from your “hometown” -- a news or feature photo of an activity; an environmental portrait; and a landmark, preferably with people in it.

1. I will be going to Newport, Oregon for this assignment. I have chosen this city because it is my hometown, and I want to share it with my class.
2. For my portrait photo I was planning on taking a picture of Amber Morris a local fish dealer holding up either a crab or a fish. My landmark will probably be either the bridge or the lighthouse. For an activity shot I might do my friends and I long boarding down a hill or playing soccer on the beach.
3. I think all of these photos will be very difficult because it tends to rain a lot in Newport, and its fairly windy so it might be hard to get a good shot.

TOPIC 2: TWO PHOTO STORY IDEAS (See assignment explanation below) --  Begin thinking about the Photo Story that you will do to culminate this term in Photojournalism.  A Photo Story is a photo series that takes multiple visits to your subject.  it will be comprised of 5 photos, including at least one overall, one medium and one closeup. 

1. I plan on taking pictures in Newport, Oregon. The series of pictures will consist of restaurants, seafood processing plants, commercial fishing vessels, and locally own fish markets. I will be photographing how  seafood is caught, processed, and sold. I have friends who work in all of the fish industries so obtaining access to these places should be fairly easy for me. One problem I may encounter is weather; Newport is a very windy and cloudy city so I feel like that could hinder the quality of my photos. Since Ive worked in all of the fishing departments I think its safe to say that I wont need to make prior arrangements. 

2. I plan on taking pictures of the Willamette river. The pictures will mostly be of the river, its bridges, and parks. I will be photographing how polluted the river is, and examples of littering. I might lurk around the park and try to snap a picture of someone actively littering I can go to the river whenever I want the only problem would be the weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment