Friday, May 26, 2017

Week 7 blog forum questions

TOPIC 1: SHOOTING SPORTS -- Our guest speaker Scobel Wiggins offered a variety of suggestions for shooting action and sports.

  1. Write in detail about TWO TIPS that stood out in Scobel's talk.
  2. For each tip describe how you can use that suggestion for your own sports/action assignment.

Scobels talk made me realize that I need to be more patient when I go out and take photos. I usually make time to go shoot photos for this class around once a week for 2 hours, but Scobel in her discussion told us to go to the same spot on different days to see if you can come up with a better shot. Im currently being pretty patient for my hometown assignment by taking pictures of landmarks in my hometown on different days and on nights to see if I can come up with a more interesting photograph.
Another tip that stood out in Scobels talk was anticipating the moment. I can relate with this very well because I play sports and video games. You often anticipate moments in sports and video games so that you can have the upper hand on your opponent. The more you play the better you're at anticipating your opponent. That is why for my action/sports photos I will try and anticipate the moment so I can take a better photo.
TOPIC 2: ACTION/SPORTS PHOTOS -- Now that you've got some tips on how to shoot action ...
  1. WHAT is your Sports/Action subject?
    Soccer, surfing, fishing, skateboarding, pickle ball, pingpong.
  2. WHEN and WHERE are you going to shoot it?
    Most of my shots will be done outside at the sports park, although some shots will be done on the beach. I will shoot my subjects from 12-2 because I feel like thats the brightest time of the day.
  3. Scobel talked about her approach to shooting sports/action. Your approach must include an "overall,” "medium” and a "closeup/detail” shot. While one of these can be a “sideline” shot, you must have at least one good ACTION PHOTO. List your ideas for:
    1. OVERALL -- I was going to try and get an aerial photo of a soccer match.
    2. MEDIUM -- For a medium I was either going to go with a ping pong serve, or someone reeling in a fish.
    3. CLOSEUP/DETAIL -- I really want my close up to be of a skateboarder doing a 360 flip.

No comments:

Post a Comment